SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL (SSC)
The SSC develops and approves the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) in consultation with stakeholder groups. The SSC oversees Categorical Programs and budgets.
Roles/Responsibilitiesof the SSC include:
Develop a comprehensive Single Plan for Student Achievement and ensure that the school is continually engaged in identifying and implementing curriculum and instructional practices.
Approve school budget, categorical programs, during Budget Development Process
The SSC must meet at least eight (8) times per year.
ENGLISH LEARNER ADVISORY COMMITTEE (ELAC)
Each school with more than 21 English learner students (including Special Education schools) shall establish an elected English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC).
The responsibilities of the ELAC include:
· Advising the School Site Council (SSC) on the development of the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA), especially those sections related to English learner
· Assisting in the development of the school’s Needs assessment, Language census.
· Making efforts to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
· Advising the principal and staff on the school’s program for English learners.
· Assisting the LDELAC in the dissemination of information and materials related to all aspects of the Master Plan for English Learners
· Advising in the development of and approval of the school’s Title III and Economic Impact Aid-Limited English Proficient (EIA-LEP) budgets.
The following information is a summary of the School Site Council (SSC), Compensatory Education Advisory Committee (CEAC), and English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC). For more information on these school site committees,
you may download the LAUSD School Advisory Committee and School Site Councils Bulletin 4148.1.